Local authority services for Holywell are provided by Flintshire County Council and Holywell Town Council.
Flintshire County Council’s headquarters are based at:
Tel: 01352 752121
The services provided by the County Council include Education, Highways, Housing, Environmental Health, Social Services, Libraries, Recreation and Leisure etc.
Holywell Town Council is based at:
Bank Place Offices
Tel/Fax: 01352 711757
Although the Town Council has limited statutory functions at present it provides much appreciated services to Holywell and Greenfield including:
- Christmas street lighting and displays
- Well Inn Music Festival
- Annual Wales in Bloom Competition (Winners in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2013)
- Local Schools in Bloom Competition, Holywell Town Website, Street Entertainment, Street Enhancements.
- Town Centre CCTV
- Match funding for play area equipment
- Grants to local organisations
- Supply and maintenance of Bus Shelters, Flag Poles,Litter Bins, Notice Boards, Public Seating etc.
Holywell Town Council has also adopted the following organisations:
- 4th Cadet Battalion Holywell Platoon Royal Welsh Fusiliers
- 2480 (Holywell) Squadron Air Training Corps
- 119 (Holywell) Recovery Company REME (V) Territorial Army
It is also affiliated to the following organisations:
- Clwyd Community Chest
- North & Mid Wales Association of Local Councils
- North Wales Play Association
Council meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month (except in August). The Annual Meeting is held in May. The Finance Committees are held in January/February and June. The Audit, Wales in Bloom, Holywell and Greenfield Development, Town Centre and Council Offices sub-committees are called as and when required.
The Council has 17 elected members representing 4 Wards. These wards are Holywell Central (4 members); Holywell Eastl (4 members); Holywell West (4 members) and Greenfield (5 members). .
Member of Parliament - Delyn Constituency The Rt Hon David Hanson
Welsh Assembly Member - Delyn Constituency - Sandy Mewies,
The Council is served by a Town Clerk and Financial Officer, Colin Pierce, FCIS, whose office hours are 9am - 12.30pm Monday to Friday.
Mayor and Mayoress – Holywell Town Council 2016/17: Councillor J.M. Johnson and Mrs. S. Johnson